The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs (http://www.welovedhere.com/2012/07/we-loved-here-liebster-award.html)
Now for the rules of this nomination. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and post a link back to their blog.
Next you must answer the 10 questions your nominator asked you. Then nominate your 10 favourite blogs with under 200 followers and ask your own 10 questions. Be sure to notify each blog you nominate by telling them on their blog and sending them a link back to your Liebster post.
Thanks so much to http://glitterandunicornsart.com/ for nominating me! (http://glitterandunicornsart.com/2013/08/28/liebster-award-nomination/)
So here are the 10 questions from http://glitterandunicornsart.com/ with my answers:
1. What inspires you the most?
I’m currently working on finding things, life in general, inspiring, so that’s a difficult question for me. I’ve recently come to realise that many of the obstacles in the way of me being a not-misserabe person are rooted deep inside me and that to overcome them means working on myself. So I’m trying to find inspiration within myself, at the moment. To just listen to what my guts tell me without overthinking everything, to not give up before I’ve even started, to be open to whatever may poor out of me without repressing or censoring it.
2. How long have you had your blog and why did you start blogging?
I started my blog in May. I’ve been in treatment for depression and personality disorder since February and that gave me the courage to but also made me feel like I need to make myself heard. It was about time the madwoman left the attic!
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In a small, red, wooden cabin with white window frames, right by the sea and surrounded by a pine forest just outside Stockholm.
4. Do you believe in Unicorns?
I’m an atheist. Sometimes, when people say things like “but how do you know there’s no god?” or “you have to be live in something!”, I ask them why they don’t believe in unicorns. Funny how that question irritates people! I don’t believe in unicorns myself, just as I don’t believe there’s a god, but I think if more people believed in unicorns instead of in some deity, the world would be a better place in many ways.
5. You can only watch one movie or television series for the rest of your life. Which would you choose?
Melancholia by Lars von Trier.
6. State what frustrates you the most in life.
That’d probably me and how I’m not able to just let some things go (see answer to question 1).
7. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I’m a tiny bundle of self-doubt and insecurity that, simultaneously, feels it’s constantly being underrated and undervalued by the world and DESERVES to be FUCKING RECOGNISED FOR ITS GREATNESS!!! *blushes and hides away* so I guess I’m the former but would like to be the latter.
8. If I won the lottery the first thing I would buy is a pony. What would you purchase?
A bottle of gin. Then make some carefully considered, drunk decisions. And those would probably include that cabin in Sweden.
9. What kind of blogs do you like to follow the most?
Blogs of people to whom I can relate, who are dealing with mental health issued as well and/or who express themselves by painting and drawing.
10. Post a picture of yourself. Can be a cute selfie, a crazy saved snapchat, anything at all really.
Here come the 10 blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award in no particular order:
And finally, my 10 questions to you lovely, nominated bloggers:
1) what’s your favourite band/song/album?
2) who’s your celebrity crush?
3) if your life was made into a film, who should play you and why?
4) complete the following sentence (and maybe elaborate): “……… is/are overrated.”
5) which part of your physical body do you like the most?
6) which super power would you like to have and why?
7) if you could change one thing about the world as it is right now, what would it be?
8) what’s your guilty pleasure?
9) describe yourself with a colour, animal, and dish/beverage. I’m a black, coffee drinking sloth!
10) when I think of the numbers from 0-9, they have a certain character to me: nice or mean, male or female, young or old. 5, for instance, is a bitchy, young female. tell me a random weird thing about yourself.